Sunday, January 1, 2017

A Question for 2017



For several years running, I have joined others in the exercise of choosing one word or phrase to act as a guide for the new year.  This year, as the old year has transformed into a new one, many words and phrases have come into my mind and heart:

Pause.  Reflect.  Connect.  Relationships.  Purpose.  Gratitude.  Create.  Clear.  Encourage.  Embrace.  Today.  Health.  Live. The list continues... 

However, on it there has been no single word that the Spirit seems to be persistently - and ironically - trying to get me to listen to, and, likewise, there has yet to be a phrase that has echoed from my heart to my head, creating an aha in my soul.  Nope.  There has not even been a simple pair of words whispered to me in such a gentle, yet firm way that I know they must be my words for 2017.  

Rather, during the past few weeks, a question that I have often used to reset myself and my children through the years has come to mind and lips over and over again:



What can I do right now to make the next moment better?


So it is, that I have decided NOT to embrace a single word, or even a short phrase, for 2017, and, to, instead let this question lead the way.  Undoubtedly, as I do, I will, by default, listen... and ACT.  I will recognize what is enough...today.  I will, at times, pause, reflect, connect, create, clear, and encourage.
I will embrace gratitude, work on relationships, live with purposeful pause.  I will, with God's grace, live in the very precious present while building a better future. 

Yes, that is what 2017 is already about for me.


What word, phrase, statement, or question might guide you throughout 2017?  I'd love to hear about it!



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails