Monday, October 17, 2016

1000+ Lessons at Your Fingertips {An Online Lesson Subscription Review}

Educeri .......  Educeri a division of DataWORKS offers over 1000 lessons aimed for grades PreK-12 with their Educeri Lesson Subscription Service, which we received twelve months of access to in exchange for this honest review.


Educeri Lesson Subscription Service Reviews

Now, with that honesty in mind, I have to admit that I was not sure how well
Educeri would go over in our home since my children typically shun anything too "schooly" and I am not a huge fan of "standards-based", "Common Core-aligned" materials. 

So, why did I choose to take the review?

Well, more honesty:  Our homeschool approach vacillates between a variety of approaches depending on the season of life we are in, and, sometimes our eclectic, often experiential, style results in "holes" that need filling in.  With the season of our life being an extra-busy one, I wanted an "easy button" or two for helping my children become proficient
with a few basic skills, so I decided to give the Educeri Lesson Subscription Service a go. 



Educeri Lesson Subscription Service Reviews

Educeri's website
states that they are "committed to providing lesson plans - awesome ones - that a ready to teach anytime" allowing parents/teachers to get back to being our "engaging, inspiring selves", and that sounded great to me!

 

Does Educeri Deliver?

An
Educeri Lesson Subscription Service provides access to 1000+ lessons that are categorized by grade level (PreK through High School) and subject.  Easy navigation and search engines help you find lessons in:

  • Math 
  • English Language Arts
  • Science
  • Art
  • History
  • P.E.
  • Music
  • Spanish 

and more.  Lessons are presented in power-point format so parents/teachers can easily teach them to children.  (There is no audio; lessons are not meant to be sit-your-child-down-and-let-them-go-independently.  Rather, they are meant to be used by the parent/teacher with the child(ren). )

Most lessons also have printable pdf materials that can be used as student handouts/worksheets.

The power-point format lessons are compatible with all web browsers and operating systems on PC, Mac, or Chromebook.


Because
Educeri is a supplementary program, not a complete one, you will not find everything you ever want/need to teach your child on it, or course, but you will find many basics and then some.

Using the search engines, I was easily able to find a series of lessons aimed at different grade levels on telling time.




Two of my children and I used these to teach/solidify concepts with this skill. My middle child did not love the lessons we used, but also did not balk at them.  Better still, she improved her time telling skills. 


My youngest thought "it was fun" to see the animated clock hands on the telling time power-points move.  He also liked doing the questions orally or on a whiteboard (because worksheets aren't our family's style) with his sister or me and clicking the arrows to have the correct answers fill in on-screen in red to see if his answers were correct.

My oldest son and I found several myth lessons to work through. 

He had requested that I create and teach a myth-writing class for our local co-op, which I did, and, then, I decided to capitalize on his interest in myth-writing to see if he would tolerate "schooly" lessons like those on
Educeri.


To my delight, my oldest not only tolerated the lessons, he enjoyed them

One day, when we were doing one of the lessons, a timer we'd set went off, and he asked me if we could continue.  Since we were short on time before having to depart for a scheduled commitment, I looked ahead a the side bar to see how many more slides/portions of the lesson there were.  Quickly, I was able to assess how much more we could squeeze in during that sitting and where we would pick up another day.


The next day, my son asked to complete the lesson.  Wow!  My son asked me to complete something "schooly".  That was a boon in my book!

From Telling Time to understanding Myths to other basic Math and ELA lessons,
Educeri Lesson Subscription Service has provided us with some easy, straightforward lessons which have - happily - been quick to find and implement and painless for my children to complete.  So, to answer my earlier question: Yes, Educeri delivers what they promise.
 

Final Thoughts

Educeri Lesson Subscription Service
has been a helpful resource to have among our eclectic collection or homeschooling tools.  With it, we've been able to easily and effectively "fill in some holes" in our children's learning without pain or grumbling on either the kids' or my parts.  We've also been able to supplement existing studies. Thus,
I have no doubt that we will continue to access our a subscription over the next eleven months, especially when we are in need of some reliable, quick-and-easy lessons in Math or ELA.

I do wish
Educeri would add more Science, History, Art, PE, and Music lessons, though, since these are the subjects my children are most interested in.  Currently, there are 400+ Math lessons, 535 or so English Language Arts lessons, around 25 Science lessons (mostly middle-high school), 25+ History lessons (mostly 5th grade and up), and only 1-2 each of Art, PE and Music lessons. 

I would not hesitate to recommend
Educeri Lesson Subscription Service to families that seek straightforward lessons, created for schoolteachers, initially, but helpful to parents and tutors as well.

Learn More



Educeri Lesson Subscription Service Reviews


Educeri offers free trials as well as a $7 per month subscription rate.

Sixty-five Homeschool Review Crew families reviewed Educeri Lesson Subscription Service.  Click through the banner to read about each of our experiences.


Educeri Lesson Subscription Service

You can visit Educeri .......  Educeri a division of DataWORKS on social media on:


Crew Disclaimer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails